I am currently about to run out to my last class of the day, Philosophy: Morality and the Law.
It starts at 5:30, so I've got to write fast and then book it out of here.
Today was good. My calculus professor, Dr. Z, as he calls himself, is awesome. He tells the worst jokes and is constatly teasing and heckling the students. It is a rather large class, considering that honors courses are supposed to be 20 or less students, and I would estimate that there are more than 40.
Anyway, the time passed fairly quick in all of my classes today, so far.
I am very excited about my two philosophy courses, because they are the most interesting ones on my schedule (well... for me, they are.).
***
hmmm...
Oh!
So, I came in to my building after my first philosophy course and checked my mail - I am waiting for 2 packages: my birth control and my textbooks.
My textbooks were scheduled to arrive here today, but my Yaz shouldn't come for another couple of days. Lo and behold, I had a slip in my mailbox saying that I have a package!
I took the slip and went to pick up my textbooks. The woman in the package office handed me ... my birth control.
I began to panic - both Amazon.com and UPS.com have my package (books) status recorded as "Delivered"
WHERE WERE MY TEXTBOOKS DELIVERED TO?!
***
I came back up to my room, calmed down, and checked online again.
I decided that maybe they had been delivered, but the woman at the office hadn't noticed that I had 2 packages...
So I went back down to the mail boxes and checked again, and there was no slip for another package for me...I was becoming very distressed, when, just as I was panicking in front of my mailbox, a girl came over and slipped a "you've got a package" slip into my mailbox. I was saved!!
I went and got my textbooks.
Now I am only waiting on one book.
It's a nice, secure feeling, knowing that I have almost everything I need for the rest of the semester (class-wise, anyway)
***
9:15 PM
I went to my Philosophy course, "Morality and the Law"
I loved it so much.... I think it might lead me to change my major...or maybe just minor in philosophy... I love it. Discussing Philosophy and Morality and the Legal system. I don't know why I do, but I get so involved in this stuff. It's wonderful.
One thing I really must stress to you: College days are looooooooooong days. I feel like time is inching by, sometimes. Except at night, when I have a million things to do and no time to do it.
***
I went to a meeting about the University Newspaper Photography - I got an email asking if I was interested in taking pictures...
Firstly, that meeting was WAY too long for the amount of information conveyed. They could have wrapped it up in 15 or 20 minutes, and instead it took them an hour to tell us everything. Completely inefficient.
Second, I don't think that I will end up taking photos for the paper. There were about a million Photo Journalism Majors in the group of people applying to take photos. There's no way I can compete. So I have to think of a new way to make a little bit of money.
*sigh*
Unless I win the lottery, I will never get to meet Matt.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment