Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Gone.


this was one of the later photos, but I thought it was appropriate to represent the whole day.
I'm going to miss her. A lot.


***

Ok. I'm gone.

I'm writing this entry from my hotel room, after jumping through hoops to get online. All for you, Internet, because I knew you were holding your breath to find out what the next page of my life held.

Ha.


Nah, in all seriousness, it was a pain in the ass. I was connected to the network, but I couldn't access the internet through the network. I called for technical help. Apparently I was being put in a filter, and the filter kept giving me a bad IP address. ehhh.. the Tech guy, Evan, turned the filter off for the 24 hours that I will be here at this hotel. Nice guy, actually. Very patient.


Anyway...

Not much interesting happened today.
Woke up to Thom bending over me, saying, "Good Morning"
We hung out for a while before he had to go to work.
He is going to miss me. He was quite upset. He said he is planning to come visit me every day. I laughed.

Cherie came over right before my parents and I left.
She was also quite upset.

We blew bubbles on my back deck.










Luke was intrigued.


And then he tried to eat the bubbles, and learned very quickly why some parents put soap in their children's mouths to punish them.


***
I'm really surprised at how many people were upset at my leaving. I got a lot of calls/texts/wall posts...
I feel loved :)
***


Kayla also stopped by to say goodbye. Cherie and Kayla watched me leave. It was somewhat dramatic, actually.

***

Long car ride. Slept through a lot of it - my dad was nice enough to do all the driving.
Also, driving in the city... not fun. Especially when my dad is doing the driving.


hmm....
Oh, also, I LOVE Cinnabon. We stopped at a rest stop for my mother (who must have a bladder the size of a peanut), and I got a Cinnabon. Those things are disgustingly fattening and sickeningly sweet, and I love them!!!! :P




Tomorrow, I move in.
This time tomorrow, I will officially be a college student.
And I'm feeling pretty indifferent to it.
:/

No comments:

Post a Comment